At Unum ID (https://www.unumid.org), we’re building a single identity online for each human offline. We provide “sharified” identity: shared, verified identity. Our software links many verifications about a user into one identity that’s shared across companies. This makes knowing who’s who online easy, inexpensive, and secure.
We are a Seed-stage startup founded by brothers out of Stanford and backed by Samsung. We’re a scrappy team of 5 that believe online identity is broken and are on a mission to rebuild it from the ground up. With Unum ID, personal information is decentralized, encrypted behind a biometric, and controlled only by the end user. This eliminates account takeover attacks, severely mitigates data breaches, and reduces verification costs by a factor of 10. It’s hard to state how revolutionary this is.
Do you care about data privacy? Data breaches? Identity theft? This role is for you. Join us today and let’s change the world.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Software Engineer with more than 6 years of experience shipping great Mobile apps. You will work with other developers and product managers throughout the software development life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. You also have experience in Agile frameworks and popular coding languages. Your goal will be to build efficient and robust mobile SDKs that enable our customers to build mobile solutions that use our service.
* Collaborate with the product owner and other members of the UnumID team to determine functional and non-functional requirements for mobile SDK portion of our solution
* Develop and document mobile SDK and sample apps
* Continuously improve our engineering process and capabilities related to mobile app development
* Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, extensibility etc.
**Skills and attributes for success**
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Track record of delivering high-quality desktop or mobile software that customers love
* 6+ years of industry experience developing applications for Android and React native
* 6+ years of industry experience deploying scalable software
* Proficient with Android Studio, Java, Android SDK API levels
* Experience with security and cryptography principles including experience with Android 9 (API level 28) and StrongBox Keymaster
* Attractive Stock Option Package
* 3 weeks PTO each year
* Health insurance
* Company events, including free lunches, group dinners