Job Description – Data Engineer
CIB Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernise CIB applications, processes and engineering behaviours to create efficiency and leverage. CIB AEA Engineering Efficiency team is serving the overall AEA mission by developing a suite of data analytics and insights to enable transparency and support data-driven decisions with the aim of assessing and improving engineering efficiency and application modernisation. The group is also developing tooling to enable better development experience and efficiency. We are continuously evolving our products to embed advanced data science/analytics to surface innovative, advanced and powerful features.
We are looking for a strong data engineer – passionate about data, analytics and problem solving in general to help us deliver high-quality and scalable products. You are willing to learn new skills if required in response to the business needs. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists focused and dedicated on enhancing the firm’s capabilities. We are improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and transforms into visually stimulating and insightful products. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development practices is imperative.
We maintain data and visualisation software and platforms that deliver actionable analytics to senior technology management.
– Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the business
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
– Diligent, methodical and attentive to detail
– Self-starter, self-motivated and adaptable team player
– Fast learning, enjoys solving complex problems and creating simple solutions
– Experience with at least one mainstream programming language such as Java or Python
– Experience with working with Big Data solutions – Hadoop, Impala, Spark-SQL
– Experience of working with traditional relational databases
– Experience of container based deployments – Kubernetes
– Experience of automating processes in a DevOps environment
– Experience or provable passion/knowledge in data analytics space, including infrastructure and scalable data analytics platforms
– Experience using SDLC practices and delivering high quality and robust software products
– Experience with infrastructure components and their integration into application architecture
– Experience with data analytics and/or business intelligence (e.g., Qlik Sense)
– Experience using Agile methodologiesJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Tagged as: java