The role is within our Wealth Management Suitability team, providing a regulatory framework to ensure clients trade within their risk profile. You will work with a great team of people both within Glasgow and globally and have the opportunity to influence the design and architecture of the solutions we create to modernize the framework.
* Design, develop, test and support regulatory applications using agile analysis and design principles
* Actively participate in discussions in setting the technical direction of applications
* Help define and implement software development best practices within the team including DevOps
* Proactively seek technical improvements and take the initiative to communicate / implement quality solutions
* Keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Development experience using Java
* Strong technical understanding of Java Core concepts, REST based services and Spring.
* Understanding of databases preferably Oracle and modern data management concepts
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, maintenance and software improvement
* Experience of working in an agile environment.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Tagged as: java