SEO Role: Software Developer
Salary: £37,803 – £41,585 (plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates)
Location: Nottingham (potential to travel to other sites)
Reporting to: Digital Delivery Lead. Shaun Hare
Could your software skills help keep millions of people safe every year? Want to join an innovative team using the latest technology to create award-winning products?
Got a proven track record in developing and implementing software packages, in the private or public sector?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Building digital services and software solutions to serve a variety of user needs
• Implementing APIs for internal and external use
• Building a robust, automated test suite to support a Continuous Development environment
• Reusing of code from across government / open source platforms
• Working with service/product managers to define service roadmaps
• Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms
Please see the attached Job Profile for an in-depth view of the post.
You will have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
• Proven experience of delivering successful development outcomes in comparable digital transactional services using agile methodologies and adopting DevOps approaches.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring individual developers to work within an Agile delivery framework and meet quality and delivery measures, planning and co-ordinating work within the Agile team structure
• Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques, and share knowledge with peers and juniors
• Understanding of software design principles
• A systematic approach to solving technical problems
• Ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders effectively, articulating complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to diagnose and debug production issues
• Experience of using testing to validate solutions
• Basic understanding of web security
• Knowledge of technologies used alongside web and mobile applications, e.g. version control, databases, CDNs, APIs, Log analysis and monitoring services, Search etc.
• Knowledge of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
Tagged as: php[...]