Meet the company making ecommerce bear-able. CommerceBear (commercebear.com) is an industry leading ecommerce technology company that helps furniture manufacturers and wholesalers increase efficiency and grow revenues by aggregating multiple channels like Wayfair, Amazon, and Walmart into a single point of truth.
We’re a high growth revenue generating company backed by some of the best individual investors in Canada. We’re focused on building an incredible platform and team. We are solution driven, and always check egos at the door (or Google Hangouts). We’re doing impactful work by helping an industry adapt to change. As ecommerce continues to grow rapidly, more companies than ever want to move their business online. We’re actively looking for new team members to help us build a category defining company.
*We are currently running a fully remote interview and onboarding process.
As a Sr. Frontend Engineer at Bear, you will play a massive role in the creation of an incredible customer experience on our platform. Everything we do is entirely focused on our customers, which means you’ll work with our Engineering and Product teams to deliver UI/UX that is seamless and effective. We are an agile team that’s looking for inidivuals who can quickly iterate and ship software. Given our stage, you will jump right in and start adding real value immediately. You will have the opportnity to help build the frontend team as we scale the business.
* Be part of setting the direction and standards for our frontend
* Write a lot of code
* Work with our APIs and Backend developers
* Build out analytics using D3 or an equivalent solution
* Help build and scale our engineering and front-end team at Bear
* Champion our make every customer touchpount delightful
* 4+ years of relevant experience
* Customer obsessed and have a strong eye for detail
* Incredibly strong coding abilities
* Are ready to learn new technologies as we adopt them
* You are able to work in an office in Toronto at least 1x per week when it is safe to resume. We are currently 100% remote.
* Can legally be employed in Canada.
Our frontend is writen in svelt. Our backend is written in Node and primarily uses Postgres as our database. We are hosted on AWS.
**Working at CommerceBear**
* Equity (stock options)
* Competitive base compensation and bonus
* Flexible work schedule (focused on delivery vs. time at HQ)
* Discounts on gym memberships and other perks
* Paid sick days and vacation days
* Surround yourself with talented and motivated co-workers
* Weekly team lunches
* Annual team retreat
* Central office at Bay/Bloor in downtown Toronto *currently operating fully remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.github.com/positions/cdd9a854-df93-49f0-aa51-6c64703bb95e→