Mastercard is looking for brilliant, passionate and innovative software developer to join Mastercard’s Dublin Research and Technology team as part of our R&D team headquartered out of Dublin.
In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of technology enthusiasts. You will be part of a team playing a critical role in building exciting and innovative products and taking them to scale globally.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard Technology you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenges driving hard to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
Have a track record of designing and building robust, flexible, scalable backend systems?
Enjoy a fast paced, start-up culture?
Have a strong desire to deliver world class solutions? We would love to hear from you!
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java based solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative capabilities.
• Work as part of a co-located agile team.
• Work closely with engineering and product management, technical leads and other developers to define solutions.
• Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software contributing to each layer of the tech stack
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through tasks and recommending solutions.
• Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Transitioning R&D solutions to Mastercard core.
Must have skills
• Experience with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Experience with Spring Boot.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player.
• Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers.
• Experience with Sketch or other UI design tools for prototyping solutions
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Experience with Linux, SQL, high performance coding as part of distributed low-latency systems.
• Good working knowledge of GIT and working with code in a multi-developer environment.
• Knowledge of scripting, web services such as REST
• Experience with unit testing in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
• Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, Graphana or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
Tagged as: css