Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Operations engineer to join a growing team. In this role, you will help implement enhancements to the company’s digital and data infrastructure, supporting internal customer’s operational needs.
Objectives of this role:
*We do not offer work visa.
You will have the opportunity to work on technical projects and engage in the following type of work:
· Write clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (i.e. Shell, Python, GoLang, Terraform, etc…)
· Develop monitoring, define SLAs, SLOs and error budgets for mission critical platforms while helping to coordinate product launches and reliability exercises
· Collaborate and contribute with other enterprise teams on the company’s Cloud journey, including the impact on infrastructure, networks and security
· Work closely with Architects and provide guidance to junior staff, ensuring designs align with the technological and business directions across the company
· Support IT deployments with involvement Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
· Manage central platforms as a service for growth and scale
· Implement enhancements to the company’s digital and data infrastructure, supporting internal customer’s operational needs.
Basic Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Prior experience with AWS or Google or Azure cloud infrastructure automation and DevOps workflows.
2 years’ experience administering Windows and Linux environments.
Ability to answer questions and provide customer service to team members as well as external clients.
Ability to provide best practice approach to infrastructure deployments.
Ability to automate management and maintenance tasks using PowerShell, Bash, Python, and/or GoLang.
Understanding of enterprise networking – including VPN, Firewalls, ACLs, RBAC.
Understanding of web development best practices – including source control and continuous integration/deployment concepts.
Familiarity with concepts such as Infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
Ability to problem solve and arrive at solutions methodically.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· 2 +years’ experience in systems and AWS administrations.
· Superlative customer service skills.
· A passion for automation and building self-healing resilient systems.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Comfortable working on multiple tasks in an agile mode.
· Demonstrates problem solving skills through engineering solutions and open source tools.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policy owners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
– Competitive salary;
– Maternity / Paternity leave because family matters the most;
– 25 vacation days to recharge yourself!
– Performance evaluation annual bonus;
– Free access to <LinkedIn eLearning> platform to be up to date to the latest trends in the industry!
– Transportation allowance to make your way to work smoother;
– Flexible working policy, 2 days work at the office (optional for now) & 3 days to work from home to do your agenda as you consider;
– Meal Vouchers of 20 RON, not to work on an empty stomach 🙂 !
– Health Insurance to be safe!
– Life Insurance to stay safe;
– Company paid mobile phone;
– Special personal events allowance;