You will be responsible for the management of the Sales & Research technology portfolio – to track and communicate delivery metrics against portfolio outcomes, facilitate portfolio decision making and drive execution best practice to minimise risk and maximise transparency.
In this capacity, you will drive regular interaction with technology engineers, technology managers, business management and front-to-back stakeholders.
High-level responsibilities include:
* Act as a single point of contact for Sales & Research Technology aligned portfolio governance and delivery of portfolio outcomes
* Update and present to senior CIB (Corporate & Investment Banking) Leadership on a regular basis
* Lead portfolio governance sessions and processes to drive transparency as well as address thematic risk
* Ensure outcomes, delivery metrics and roadmaps are in place for all portfolio investments and tracks progress within the required Firm’s systems
* Facilitate annual technology investment planning process in partnership with Business Management
Engage and participate in Markets Technology agile transformation initiative
* Define, agreed and communicate portfolio outcomes and supporting deliverables to all stakeholders
* Leadership of a small team of senior project managers who are responsible for leading the business-aligned, technology transformation and PMO project functions for the team.
* Ensure all deliverables are accurately tracked and captured/reported in the required Firm systems (e.g. Clarity, Jira etc)
* Ensure each initiative in the portfolio has an effective delivery and governance structure in place
* Setup / conduct portfolio meetings and processes to facilitate delivery outcomes and reduce risk
* Monitor initiative outcomes to ensure ongoing alignment to strategic objectives
* Participate as and when required in daily technology stand-up meetings, with aim to uncover and resolve potential conflicts regarding resources / portfolio priorities
* Ensure all aligned technology teams fulfil portfolio delivery and governance standards and requirements in the Firm’s systems such as:
+ Milestone updates
+ Status reports
+ Resource allocations
* Ensure the level of resources across the portfolio are appropriate to support the agreed outcomes, highlight any capacity related risks
* Drive improvement in data quality across portfolio management and be accountable for final outputs / reporting to all stakeholders
* Establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders and ensure effective portfolio communications
* Capture and validate key metrics for aligned book of work in required Firm systems, such as:
+ Application mappings
+ SW Capitalization qualification reviews
+ Drive and coordinate annual and continuous planning activities for the technology teams in partnership with Business Management
+ Engage with agile transformation teams to define and deliver target state tooling and processes for portfolio governance
* Proven record of implementing cross-programme governance processes
* Experience in Portfolio Management (not just programme delivery)
* Background working in high-value, enterprise level technology environments
* Stakeholder management up to C-Suite level (both business & technology)
* Strong understanding of Agile Software Engineering practises
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Tagged as: agile