CIB Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernise CIB applications and engineering practices to create efficiency and leverage. CIB AEA Engineering Efficiency team is serving the overall AEA mission by developing a suite of data insights to enable transparency and support data-driven decisions with the aim of assessing and improving engineering efficiency. The group is also developing solutions and tooling to automate processes, enhance developer experience and accelerate modernization outcomes. One of the projects we are working on is integrating solutions into SDLC pipeline to proactively promote real-time code improvement. We are continuously evolving our products to innovate including advanced data science solutions and novel approaches to problem solving.
We are looking for a Lead full-stack developer who is able to lead investigations into the application development processes, evaluate the use of our enterprise toolchain architecture, identify opportunities, and develop solutions in collaboration with firm-wide technology teams. This involves strong collaboration skills, managing deep-dives into application development practice in groups across the CIB, researching and developing potential solutions.
You are willing to transform, think out of the box and learn new skills if required in response to rapid changes and business needs. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance our mission. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists focused on and dedicated to enhancing processes and building solutions to improve technology delivery. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development practices is imperative.
– Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the business
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
– Diligent, methodical and attentive to detail
– Self-starter, self-motivated and adaptable team player
– Fast learning, enjoys solving complex problems and creating simple solutions
– Ability to work with and coach others
– Collaborate with other senior developers across the CIB, bilding trust and collaborating on solutions
– Software Engineering background with experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, .Net
– Strong opinions on technical architecture and best practice, with a good knowledge of industry trends
– Expertise in Continuous Delivery and in practices that enable it
– Expertise in source code management, branching and deployment strategies
– Experience in developing cloud and container based solutions such as Kubernetes, Cloud-Foundry, AWS, Docker
– Strong understanding and experience of automated testing at all levels
– Good knowledge of working in an Agile team environment
– Experience using SDLC practices and delivering high quality and robust software products
– Experience with or passion for data analytics
– Experience with building/integrating developer SDLC tools
– Experience of constructing pipelines in Jenkins / Blue Ocean
– Scipting using groovy, YAMLJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Tagged as: java