What You’ll Do
We are developing our team and currently looking for a DevSecOps engineer to work in an international environment in downtown Prague, Czech Republic as a part of the Threat Detection & Response team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, Canada, and London, UK. We expect you to:
· Contribute to the design, building and operation of security monitoring pipeline from sources to SOAR
· Participate in penetration testing and blue team exercises
· Operate the compliance program
· Develop and operate as-a-service solution providing managed, secure and compliant cloud environment to other teams
· Be part of incident response team
· Communicate with the wider Cisco Security organization
Who You’ll Work With
We are a bunch of five former startups collectively called Threat Detection & Response and we keep an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco. With security focus & mindset we make machine learning work on big data. We balance collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance surpasses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
Who You are
So, if you share our passion for technology innovation, have experience in providing scalable infrastructure for cloud based big data application and you love to interact with industry thought leaders daily, this is the job for you. We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Our requirements for this role:
· Cybersecurity background and passion
· Cloud systems engineering experience (preferably AWS)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (Master’s degree is a strong plus)
· Automation technologies (Terraform, Amazon CDK)
· Understanding of Development (Agile), Testing, Change and Release management practices
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies
· Willingness to work across teams and share knowledge and ideas
· Capability to stand up and formulate clear technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
· Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems
· Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks
· Willingness to take ownership for the deliverable
· Fluent English
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
o We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
o We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
o We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.