While reading our job description, please remember – we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results
At Cisco, we are building the world’s best Customer Experience (CX) Team to accelerate the company transition to a recurring revenue software-centric model.
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) Team is looking for a Network Orchestration Engineer to join a virtual team of software and network Engineers that work on the design, development, build, testing and integration of Automation & Orchestration solutions. The team works with Datacenter and Enterprise customers to help transform their networks to virtualized, automated, cloud enabled, self-healing, secure network systems and “”X-as-a-Service” platforms. The Automation solutions cover both physical and virtual infrastructure including Hardware/Software Disaggregation, Cloud, DC, WAN,and Security infrastructure.
The Network Orchestration Engineer will work within a team of Software Developers and Network Engineers on Network Automation solutions, leveraging software products & tools from both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) vendors. The Automation solutions may be comprised of software products & tools to automate Cisco and 3rd party Network Configurations and deployments. Tools such as Ansible, Terraform, OpenStack, , Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
Who You’ll Work With
The role of a Network Orchestration Engineer actively contributes to the team of Software Developers and Network Engineers, you will interact with automation architects to build and deliver integration, automation & orchestration solutions. Internally, you will work with the virtual team of Developers, Network Engineers, Project Managers and Testers. Externally, you will work with customer’s technical leads, Engineers and middle management.
The Team is comprised of Network Automation Architects, Software Developers and Network Engineers who work on a customer’s Network Architecture, Software Integration, automation & orchestration projects. The work activities are:
* to understand customer requirements,
* advise customer on possible solution options,
* Contribute to the design of the solution,
* implementation of solution using Cisco and 3rd party products with potential extensions and customizations,
* package and deploy solution in the target environments,
* provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
The Team interacts with Customers, Business Units, Sales team and Technical Services during the lifecycle of a project through Presales scoping/Proof-Of-Concept/Development/Project delivery/Optimization.
Who You Are
You must be able to perform the following activities:
* Collect the current state of the Customer’s technical and operational environment, including comprehension of solution requirements collection & documentation
* Collaboratively help build the vision and strategy for desired Customer outcomes, both near- and long-term
* Crystallize the current and future state into an overall Automation architectural blueprint for the Customer, including solution architecture & design documentation
* Identify and Conceptualize the Automation use cases against the customer pain points in Operations, Engineering, and Product Management
* Implement complex Network automation solutions, including software packaging, integration, deployment, customization, system and customer acceptance testing for the customer’s software solution
* Grow the Cisco IP and benchmarking database of content for unique differentiation of Advanced Services capabilities
Candidates must be experienced on Agile Software Development methodology and should have prior experience of complex and highly scalable customer software projects. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. You should be self-motivated and able to work independently and/or in support of or leading small teams. You are willing to travel around 25-35%. You are fluent in German, spoken and written and have English language skills level C1 or above.
You should have some of the following skillsets:
* Customer facing experience related software development projects in the Networking Domain
* Hands on experience with REST Frameworks (Flask, Django)
* Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices Architecture
* Hands on experience with SDLC and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git, Automated Testing Frameworks)
* Working knowledge of network & software configuration tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Saltstack
* Knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Splunk, ELK)
* Knowledge of Virtualization & Cloud Computing (VMware, AWS)
* Exposure to networking architectures including DC, WAN, Campus, Security is a plus.
* Cisco Certifications (e.g. CCNA, Devnet, CCIE) would be very favorable
The Intent-based Networking is a phenomenon transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide and driving new opportunities for Cisco. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in, Cloud, Security, Collaboration, DC, IT, and Analytics with a focus on Automation and Software. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected, imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, entertainment, banking, service providers, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work and accelerate your career with exponential possibilities at Cisco.