Enjoy working as a Ruby on Rails Backend Developer for some of the most ambitious Scandinavian tech companies with an office in Valencia.
About the position:
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Backend Developer profile.
In this role, you will work closely with our highly skilled engineering team with many years of experience in developing applications. We work in an agile data-driven environment and whilst being hardworking and focused, we also emphasize having fun and personal development.
The client SaaS solution consists of a Ruby on Rails backend that serves mobile and frontend applications via a GraphQL API. Our application is only serving as an API endpoint (GraphQL API).The main technologies that we rely on are:
Ruby on Rails
Redis / Memcached
More specifically you can expect to:
– Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
– Develop, test and deploy features for our Angular frontend application
– Ensure the performance, code quality and security of the application code
– Work closely with product owners, head of frontend development and designers
– Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix bugs-
– Develop and maintain code quality standards (Lint, etc.) across the team and codebase
– Continually perform architectural improvements and refactoring of existing code as needed
Furthermore, you will be onboarded into our growing Teamway community of skilled freelancers in the tech industry, working remotely from all over the world and enjoying the benefits of our community and setting your own rate.
You are a self-driven, responsible and confident 5-10 year RoR developer, who enjoys a high degree of freedom.
– 5-10 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby on Rails applications
– Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails
– TDD using RSpec (or other test suites)
– The ability to write structured, clean and secure code
– Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
– Attention to detail, edge cases and security considerations
– Good experience with GraphQL
– Good knowledge of PostgreSQL
Nice to have bonus skills:
– Experience with CircleCI
– AWS management
– General DevOps experience
– Experience with Auth0 and SSO implementations (ADFS, Azure AD, etc.)
Be very structured for asynchronous work. You have an eye for the big picture and attaining knowledge independently is second nature to you.
Good overall communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are important.
Should you not be an exact match for this position, we will still consider your application for the Teamway community, where we help freelancers all over the world find exciting remote projects and where you can take part in our online community, events, and meetups.
We look forward to sending opportunities your way.